POPDEV integration is a broad strategy of promoting the integration of population factors and dimensions in sustainable development initiatives. It aims to contribute to achieving population outcomes and processes in balance with socio-economic conditions and development patterns.
It aims to contribute to policies and programs that will help government attain a well-managed population and well-planned families, resulting in population outcomes that facilitate sustainable socioeconomic and human development.
1. Design and implement appropriate national and local population and development policies and programs aimed at facilitating and supporting poverty reduction, sustained economic growth in the context of sustainable development and sustainable patters of consumption and production, human resource development, and the guarantee of all human rights.
2. Fully integrate population concerns into development strategies, planning, decision-making, and resource allocation at all levels with the goal of meeting the needs and improving the quality of life of present and future generations.
3. Integrate the needs of the young, elderly, working, and indigenous populations in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the population, development and environment programs that affect them.
4. Increase the population and development awareness and appreciation of the public, policy makers, key government officials, planners and other development workers at the national, regional, sectoral and local levels.
5. Establish and strengthen the knowledge and database on POPDEV interrelationships and issues as bases for program and policy development.
6. Monitor and mobilize institutions at the national and local levels in fast-tracking the implementation of ICPD and MDG objectives and strategies.
• Promoting and Communicating POPDEV Integration
• Building individual and institutional capacities
• Establishing knowledge and information on POPDEV